Fun & Safe
11+ years running life-changing student travel experiences
Running fun and safe trips has always been our #1 priority. This has led us to create industry-leading safety programs that ensures not only fun, but safe travel experiences. We are committed to delivering excellence on all trips and creating happy travellers. Forget what you know about schoolies, this is Grad Trip.
Our trained staff are there for our travellers in the event of a medical emergency. They know what to do and will accompany the traveller to the clinic and/or hospital, contact parents/guardians, and provide local contact info. Our amazing crew will be with the traveller every step of the way. Read more »
To ensure safety and conduct, the Unleashed Grad Trips Code explains trip guidelines including common sense rules. This is required to be signed by both students and parents/guardians before departing for your trip. The Unleashed Grad Trips Code can be viewed here »
Unleashed Grad Trips is a licensed travel agency and a member of IATA.
We have been recognised by BRW Magazine for multiple years as a fast-starting company.
Travel Insurance is compulsory on all our trips. Our host resorts work extremely hard to keep everyone safe and well but sometimes there are things outside of their control. Many resorts are remote and hard to reach so medevacs could potentially be very expensive but the only option. Read more »
Full Service Parent Support
We offer full-service parent support and guidance, which we pride ourselves on. Our awesome crew will be available for any questions and concerns parents may have from the beginning of travel registration right through the entire trip, and even once the traveller returns home. During all travel periods, a 24-hour emergency line is available.
Medical Emergency Procedure (Pre-Travel & On-Site)
7 Step Pre-travel medical emergency procedure
- We establish relationships with our accommodation and travel partners, working closely with them to ensure excellent safety protocols
- We work with on-site medical professionals by reviewing all medical procedures with them
- The traveller completes a medical condition form
- Our staff will review every medical condition form response
- To ensure that travel is the best option for grads, the Unleashed team will follow up with students that have listed known medical conditions
- On-site staff are briefed on travellers with medical conditions
- Upon arrival to destination, our team of coordinators meet with travellers with medical conditions and review emergency procedures in place
On-Site Medical Procedure
If an emergency does arise, one of our crew members will be with the traveller from the beginning until the situation has been controlled and the traveller returns to their accommodation.
- Get immediate medical help for the traveller
- Contact parent or guardian and inform them of the situation
- Contact Unleashed Grad Trips head office and inform them of the situation
- Contact travel insurance partner to begin a claim
- Ongoing communication and updates from a medical professional provided to the traveller’s parent or guardian
- If necessary, help make travel arrangements for parent/guardian to the destination
- Find suitable transportation back to the accommodation once the situation has stabilised
- Continue to check on the traveller throughout the trip and help them whenever someone is needed
We are experienced in helping students with existing medical conditions travel overseas. We believe that no one should miss out on their memorable trip to celebrate graduating school.
- Every year, over 2000 medical condition forms are filled out by our travellers
- 10% of Unleashed travellers have an allergy
- 5% of Unleashed travellers have asthma
- 1% of Unleashed travellers have a severe medical condition
Whilst our customers are very welcome to purchase Travel Insurance from any reputable provider, we have a partnership with CHI Insurance.
Please make sure you read the Product Disclosure Statement to make sure this product is the right one for you.
Expectations for Unleashed Crew:
Unleashed Crew do:
- Accompany students throughout the travel transfer process
- Make themselves available at all times including throughout activities, excursions, & events by roaming the resort and being clearly visible to all travellers
- Coordinate all medical emergencies including escorting travellers to clinics and contacting parents or guardians
- Make themselves reachable via reception during the night in the case of an emergency
- Upon arrival, perform extensive briefings and outline the Unleashed Code of Conduct to make sure a fun and safe Grad Trip is experienced
- Contact parents when there is a breach to the Unleashed Code of Conduct
- Remove offenders that pose a threat to themselves or other travellers
- Make sure passports are checked upon arrival to ensure age appropriate wristbands are provided
- Conduct bag checks with hotel management on arrival to make sure no duty-free alcohol is brought into the resort
- Work with hotel management staff to remove alcohol from gift shops and for mini marts to minimise access for purchasing excess alcohol
Unleashed Crew do not:
- Know the precise whereabouts of every traveller 24/7
- Watch or supervise individual travellers unless it is related to an incident
- Enter the rooms of travellers, unless in the case of an emergency
- See all behaviors of travellers or be present 24/7 to help curb actions or language
- Smell drinks for alcohol
- Supervise all bar staff at all times
- Guarantee travellers will not get access to drinks from other guests
- Guarantee that travellers will not have contact with alcohol
Expectations for Travellers and Parents:
Expectations of parents:
- Sit down with the graduate traveller and read the Unleashed Code of Conduct
- Set expectations of behaviour
For example, if your child was having a Friday night out, have a mature discussion about decisions your child may face on Grad Trip and in a few months when they are at TAFE or university.
Expectations of Travellers:
- Behave maturely and treat others with respect
- Be responsible for your personal actions
- Be safe and responsible in the water and at all times
- If you're aged over 18, please drink responsibly
- Respect Unleashed crew and hotel staff
- Problems are brought to the attention of a team member who are ready to help
- You’ll have a fun and safe adventure on Grad Trip if you can be smart and safe at home on a Friday night out
Stories from the parents of Unleashed travellers
Unleashed Grad Trips MD Jot sat down with Annette and Craig, whose daughters both went on an Unleashed Grad Trip,
and asked about their experience as a parent and allowing their children to go on Grad Trip.
Annette Johnston - Mother
“I wanted to thank Unleashed for giving Pua a trip of a lifetime on her Europe Grad Trip. She had the most fantastic time ever. All it took was one brief conversation with Pua’s trip leader and I felt totally satisfied that my daughter would be in safe hands through the entire trip. Through the Unleashed organisation she not only experienced Europe in a wonderful light, she was introduced to some amazing people, like other like-minded students and the crew members themselves were just so interesting and so much fun to be around. She has formed friendships that I am certain will last a lifetime.”
Craig Bowen - Father
“As a father, I was very concerned about my daughter attending graduation celebrations, especially when told they were thinking FIJI! Having worked in the travel industry for over 30 years I researched the business and asked lots of questions of my colleagues. In the end, I couldn’t have been happier with the serious way Unleashed approaches the care of its passengers. I felt safer sending Jess on an organised trip overseas than to an unorganised local one. Jess loved it so much she has been back each year working as a part of the Unleashed Crew, giving others their trip of a lifetime.”
Want us to connect with your parents?
Enter mum or dads email here and we'll send them all the deets.
Happy Traveller Standards
We have created 4 indicators that determine whether we’ve achieved our goals, following our knowledge and years of experience in the travel industry. They are tracked by our team and measured daily to make improvements while our trips are running. We call these indicators our Happy Traveller Standards.
Create peace of mind for all travellers – this is our #1 and only ‘non-negotiable’ standard.
Build and execute every aspect of your trip with a detailed focus.
Ensure physical, mental, or emotional boundaries do not stop any student from experiencing any part of our trips.
Create and provide unique and unforgettable experiences that would not be possible without Unleashed Grad Trips.
Meet Jot, Managing Director
My job is to continually review our trips, with a focus on development and improvement, resulting in amazing experiences for every traveller. I am determined to make sure that all our trips are unique and memorable adventures, without ever compromising safety.
We take health and safety very seriously and have developed extensive training and procedures for all our Destination Crew in case of emergency. By having these procedures in place, our crew can focus on delivering the other Happy Traveller Standards that result in a #TripofaLifetime!
Building the #TripofaLifetime
50+ staff working year round to create your ultimate Grad Trip
Staff: Director of Program Planning, Director of Destinations, and Operation Managers.
We research new resorts, excursions, and destinations to make sure you only get the best.
First Destination Inspection
Staff: Director of Program Planning, Director of Destinations, Resort, Tour Operators
We fly down to meet with all major suppliers to ensure they meet Unleashed Grad Trips's standards of excellence.
Staff: Destination Team and Program Directors
Our team creates your entire trip schedule. We confirm everything from the Grad Gala to excursions.
Staff Training and Certification
Staff: Talent Team
Senior destination staff begin training over 6 months before the trip, and all staff go through a series of training and certification steps.
Traveller Medical Form Review
Staff: Destination Team and Program Directors
Our team reviews every medical condition form received, and will follow up with any travellers that require secondary follow up.
Final Destination Inspection
Staff: Director of Program Planning, Director of Destinations, and Operation Managers
We meet with all hotel managers, excursion managers, and venue owners to review the trip schedule.
Staff: Operations Team and Destination Team
Flight and travel itinerary released to travellers minimum 60 days before departure.
Staff: Entire company
All staff attend a pre-trip meeting to go over final trip details
Staff Arrive On-Site
Staff: Destination Staff
Senior coordinators fly down to begin setting up the trip.
Staff: Destination Staff and Support Staff in Office
Woohoo! It's finally here. 18 months in the making, and it's time to celebrate
Staff: Entire Company
Survey sent to travellers, parents, and suppliers. We analyze survey results and hold a debrief on improvements to provide the #TripofaLifetime.
Partners & Accreditations
Tried and tested, we only work with the best!
Regional General Manager - Australia
“The partnership between Fiji Airways and Unleashed Grad Trips has indeed been valuable. Unleashed Grad Trips is managed by strong leadership, have a dedicated team, and offer innovative travel opportunities for young people..."
"...Fiji Airways is proud to be a partner of Unleashed Grad Trips.”
Director of Sales & Marketing
"We have been working with Unleashed Grad Trips for many years and hold them in high regard. Together we have developed a unique & fun experience for Grad Trips at Plantation Island Resort and we have always valued their reliability, work ethic, customer focus and attention to detail. I have always been amazed by how much the Unleashed Team care about their students, always ensuring they are safe, happy and making the most of their celebration. We look forward to working with them for many years to come."
"For over 10 years, we’ve been working with Unleashed Grad Trips to create memorable experiences for graduates. Their positive and hard-working spirit paired with their expertise in the student graduate markets makes them unique. They are able to create travel options that are not only appealing, but educational, as they understand the youth of today. The Transat organisation is very privileged to work with such an incredible and competent team."
Regional Manager Asia Pacific
"Topdeck has been in partnership with Unleashed Grad Trips since 2014. Our mutual customer first mentality is what has made it such a strong partnership since the beginning. Topdeck look forward to working with the highly motivated and passionate team at Unleashed well into the future and continuing to provide life changing wonderful travel experiences for our customers."